Thursday, October 25, 2018

Boo-for One Halloween Kids Crafts

Tonight I'm giving you all a boo-for one of children's Halloween crafts (AKA two-for one). Since Halloween is now less than a week away, we are doubling up on our crafts, especially if they are small in nature. The two crafts I'm highlighting tonight are super easy and the kids had a blast! Links to BOTH free printables will be listed!

Tonight's boo-for one crafts are:
Pose-able Hanging Skeleton


Halloween Color Fun Mobile


Like all of my blogs, my biggest tip is to put your own spin on it and have lots of fun! Watch those babies of yours grin and laugh as they get crafty!

First up is the Pose-able Hanging Skeleton
Supplies:
Free printable (listed below)
Scissors
Brads
Cord/String

I searched Google to find the perfect DIY skeleton printable. I found a lot of cute ones but the one I ended up choosing was the perfect fit for my kids! Not only that, her blog is amazing and has a lot of great ideas so please click below, check it out and sign up!

http://www.printables4mom.com/2016/10/04/9-printable-skeleton-crafts/

Once you have however many copies you want for your kiddos printed, start cutting!

You can let them cut them or cut them yourself. Tonight they were wanting me to cut them because they were worried they would mess them up (as if!). I especially love that this printable had dotted lines around the skeleton to make it MUCH easier to cut!


ADVICE: This may sound strange but it's true! Have several different pairs of scissors in your home! Dedicate one for paper, one for fabric, one for kitchen necessities, one for everything else and several safety scissors for you young kids! When it comes to cutting paper especially, dull or nicked scissors will rip the paper in all sorts of horrifying ways!

Once you have your skeleton(s) pieces all cut out, hand them out to the kids! I gave them each just a pile of bones for them to figure out what goes where. (I opted the two year old out of this one because she was more into snack time and watching the older ones even though, I would have LOVED to see how she put this together! Maybe for another day!)



I honestly expected my oldest to go crazy wonky with this and put bones in incorrect order on purpose BUT he put them exactly where they should go.

We used brads for ours (you can use whatever you want/have to connect the pieces) but, the reason I chose brads was 1) I had tons from previous projects and 2) they allowed the skeleton to be better posed as much as they wanted!




I had the kids make their own holes by poking the back of the brads through the paper to connect the joints. For younger kids, you can always use a pencil to pre-poke the holes for them!

Then, sit back and watch the magic unfold!

These two had the best time taking extra brads to decorate them and make them sing/dance/play when they were finished!



When everyone is satisfied with their work, punch holes in the head (I used a hole punch for that part), thread some string through it and hang it! We chose our beloved Halloween tree to hang them on for a perfect touch. Then let your kids pose them exactly as they want and take pictures!

The oldest chose to give him a "beard" & eyes:

While my little princess made hers into a girl with a necklace & posed her to match!


Ooooooh! Spooky easy craft!!!

Our final craft for the day was the Halloween Color Fun Mobile.



This free printable was provided by the awesome site:
https://www.firstpalette.com/tool_box/printables/halloween.html

We started this one by simply printing the pictures (comes with two), cutting them out and then busting out the markers!

You can use any coloring staple you have! I chose the Crayola washable fat markers to make it easier on my two year old but any will do!

As any of you parents with toddlers know, their attention stays on something for two minutes if you are lucky! I could have gone over her coloring to make it more extensive but...WHY?! THAT'S exactly what she wanted hers to look like and that's FINE BY ME! Creativity is key! Let them have fun!



Now, for my older girl, she was determined to have them perfect with perfect colors! Her choice!



Once the children were satisfied with their coloring of choice, I took over cutting the characters out. (Again, you can let them cut them out with safety scissors of course but I took over tonight!)
Once your pieces are cut, punch holes in them (chose a simple hole punch again), thread them with string and if you are like me, send the teenager outside to find a stick!

I was pleased, he chose a perfect stick to hang the girls masterpieces on!

There is no set instructions for the final part. Hang them however you like! Hang them on a tree, hang them from a chandelier, tape them to the door, tape/hang them in a window, or choose a rustic stick and hang them like we did!

I simply tied them onto the stick then hung the mobile from the ceiling! Done! And the kids LOVE seeing it to the entrance of the kitchen!



When all was said and done, we had an awesome afternoon/evening laughing, smiling & crafting. Everyone was involved in different ways and I loved the time with them!

Have fun, Happy Halloween & have a Boo-tiful full moon night!!!

{Sarah B}

No comments:

Post a Comment