Monday, October 29, 2018

Easy Spider Web Craft

Easy Spider Web Craft Instructions



Children tend to like simplified crafts and games and sadly I've seen a lot of craft ideas that are over complicated for the young ones. This is not one of those! I originally found this craft idea on Pinterest and I loved the idea of using string to make the spider webs but this proved a little too hard for my two year old so I fished through my Halloween craft bag and found that fun pipe cleaners were a much better fit for her and way more fun!

(Yes, I have a huge craft bag for Halloween! Don't ask how many bags/boxes/etc I have for crafts in total!)

Supplies:
Craft Sticks
Elmer's Glue
Pipe Cleaners
Spider Rings

Short list right?! You can of course add anything extra you would like or use string to make them look differently. Just an example of some of the most commonly used supplies in my blogs is below (Cat not included!)


For this craft, you want to start with three craft sticks and glue them in a star shape. LET DRY FOR AT LEAST THREE HOURS! You want these to be secure before you let the little ones start pulling and tugging on them!

After the glue is set, let the kiddos pick out their fun colors of pipe cleaners. I used one pipe cleaner for the middle of the our webs and two for the outside. You can stick to one color or go crazy with three, 100% up to you and the kids! 

(This one done by my 7 year old)

There is no set way to twist these on. Just twist until secure! After your web is finished, twist a fourth pipe cleaner to the back of the ends to your outer web to hang! For a final touch, take one of those left over spider rings (like in my previous blog) and simply put around one of the sticks!

And done! Cute spider web crafts that the kids love!

The crazier, messier, all over the place the better!

(Below: my 2 year olds web)


Let them go to town and don't stick to any rules! 

Enjoy your bonding time and a mess free craft!





Happy Haunting!


{Sarah B}

No comments:

Post a Comment