Monday, October 29, 2018

DIY Halloween Masks

Need a craft to fill ten minutes of boredom before dinner? This one is perfect! Easy, quick and mess free (unless your toddler colors on her face like mine did!)



I found these free printables at https://www.thesprucecrafts.com/free-printable-halloween-masks-1357668

We were planning a big "Breakfast for Dinner" meal but first, my husband was the sweetest and began to wash the dishes. Sunday's are always pretty hectic for us as the two older kids usually go to their dad's (or grandparents) for the weekend so the toddler is wide open when her older siblings come home! We find that some form of craft and "letting loose" period is the best way to get all of the kids back on track and ready for school the next morning. Last night, I knew I needed something to occupy the girls while Dad finished the dishes so I once again turned to my trust Halloween craft bag.

I had forgotten that I had printed these adorable masks about a week before and these were perfect!

Supplies:
Free Mask Printable (link above)
Markers/Crayons/etc
Scissors
Craft Sticks
Tape/Glue/Double Sided Sticky Patches

First, print out the free masks. Two masks come on each sheet. Then, let the kids pick which one they would like (and pick one for you to color too! Trust me, the kids have more fun when you join in).






Let their creativity fly! My youngest went full on crazy green/red scribbles but matches the Frankenstein mask that she picked. Once they are all done with coloring their masks, tape (or glue) the back to a piece of construction paper to give it a little extra strength. The next step gets boring for the kids to watch so I suggest printing a few coloring pages for them to have fun with while Mom (or Dad!) does the boring work.



Once you have the masks cut out (DON'T FORGET THE EYE HOLES!) then you can start putting on the stick to hold your fun masks up.

I left space (not taped) to adhere my stick. I used double sided sticky foam to attach the stick to the paper but you can use whatever you have on hand! Also, you can punch holes and tie string to make a wearable mask.


When you are all finished, hand them back out to the kids and get your camera ready for a fun photo op!


Happy Halloween & happy crafting!

{Sarah B}

No comments:

Post a Comment